RAFW SS11: DION LEE



Pretty much the most anticipated show for RAFW is Dion Lee's... There have been mixed reviews and I'd have to admit I am mildly disappointed by the collection. It is nothing as ground breaking as the previous two RAFW shows, though peaking early has served the designer well. The collection featured Dion Lee's impeccable tailoring and surgical precision. But after seeing that a few times, the wow factor dims down a little. The slits on the already mini skirts reached record highs... darling, I can see your undies. I really doubt I could walk out in one of these and not experience some form of sexual harassment. Having said all of this, it was still more interesting than many other shows I have seen this week. It wasn't a bad collection, I think it's because expectations from Dion Lee are set so soaringly high.












No comments: